Thursday, July 17, 2008

Doppelgangers

Letitia brought her new baby, Daylen, into the office the other day, and a big discussion ensued over whether he looked more like mom or dad. I don’t see how you can possibly tell when he’s only 11 weeks old, but it seems like everyone is obsessed with making a definitive determination. Even now that I’m an adult, people are always comparing me to my mom, me to my sisters, my sisters to each other, etc. Personally, I don’t see any resemblance between any of us, but I think I’m biased because I lived with them for 18 years.

The more entertaining thing to me is what celebrities people think I look like. Myheritage.com has a fun little upload program that takes your picture and tells you who you most resemble. It always makes ridiculous suggestions and frequently gets your gender wrong, but it’s still fun. My mom gets told she looks like Jodie Foster a lot, and Lindy gets Jennifer Love Hewitt. Me, I get Johnny Depp. And the Bionic Woman. I guess that just means I’m versatile? Sometimes people are generous enough to say I look like Sandra Bullock or Natalie Portman, but even myheritage thinks I look like Eddie Murphy. Who do you look like?

3 comments:

RiCap said...

LOL, my vote is that you look like your mom.

Anonymous said...

MyHeritage says I look like Stephen Chow, Hideki Matsui, Jamie Foxx, Nathan Lane, and Dirk Nowitski...

If we're doing votes, I'd say you and Casey resemble each other.

RiCap said...

MyHeritage says that I look Asian. It gave me a lot of Chinese lady matches.