Saturday, June 6, 2009

Vacation & Victory

Well, now its been too long and I don't remember all the awesome Austin quotes I was going to share. The best was definitely the taxi driver who asked us what big city Denver was near because she hadn't heard of it, but there were a bunch of others and now I don't remember them. Oh well. At least I uploaded photos:



In other news, I jet-setted to the East Coast last weekend and got to see both Adrienne & Scott (woo!) and the extended Mapes Family (uh...woo?). My time in NYC was brief but exciting--everything from box-blocking traffic tickets to secret restaurants accessed by phone booth. I posted a few photos:



My time in Camden, NJ was mostly spent cheering myself hoarse and making fun of my mom for her propensity to need to go to the bathroom when she's excited/anxious. Casey led her team to a decisive victory, and she collected a second gold watch and another couple trophies. We also spent time with Dad's side of the family, none of whom I've seen since I was 14. Her arms are massive...prepare yourself or you might be scared when you see them:

5 comments:

juha said...

dammit, I seriously need to make it out to the East Coast. CMapes looks ripped! I made vegan banana pancakes and they were...non-lethal?

Unknown said...

How do you respond to that question about Denver, "What big city is it near?"

"Uhh.... Denver... LA?"

I guess if you're from Texas, it's probably the closest to El Paso or Amarillo (as a side note, never go to El Paso or Amarillo).

Unknown said...

Also: I think your littlest sister could kick my ass.

Oh, and... I think I might be in Denver around June 24th, you won't have suddenly left town, will you have? (Most. awkward. sentence. EVER). Don't leave, because I need a place to crash... er... I mean, I desperately want to see you (Did I spell desperately correctly?).

Sarah said...

We told the driver Denver was in Colorado, and she thought she had heard of that. The conversation went downhill from there. I'll respond via email re: 6/24 since I doubt you'll come back to look for my answer.

RiCap said...

Yes, people should visit the east coast more often. At least while I'm here. Excellent photojournalism. You get an A+