Saturday, January 24, 2009

Contractual Obligations

I asked Mom yesterday how long it took Dad to propose to her. Her answer of "six months...I think" surprised me. Not because that is not very long to date. And not because she couldn't really remember. It surprised me because it meant that at some point in his life, he was actually able to make a decision THAT FAST.

This topic came up because the last couple months of house hunting have resulted in aneurysm-causing, medication-requiring, nausea-inducing stress that have led to my contemplation of a 12-story, parachute-less jump. My beloved father has had feet as cold as Dick Cheney's heart, and one step forward, seven steps back is not a good way to promote decisive action. So, to summarize, I never want to house hunt again.

That all being said, WE ARE NOW UNDER CONTRACT!!! Yes, pending Monday's inspection results, we will have a house to move into very soon. Well, February 23rd to be exact, but it'll take me that long to pack anyway. So now, without further ado, pictures of the (fingers-crossed) new abode:

14095 W 25th Place
Golden, CO 80401





5 comments:

juha said...

Congratulations! The new digs look like they could be summed up with a simple OMFGawesomesauce!

Would you rather have had your dad make quick a decision to purchase a new home? (I guess it's write-in-meter-night tonight?)

RiCap said...

yay yay yay. I can't wait to move in!

Sarah said...

Mike, I keep close tabs on your comments too. Well, at least on the most recent posts.

Scott said...

sweet digs

juha said...

More posts plz!