Wednesday, August 20, 2008

List-en Up

Is three weeks too long in between posts? Too bad. I’ve been busy! So here, in happy list form, is what I’ve been up to:

  1. Festivals. Colorado apparently celebrates the arrival of every weekend with beer and music. Not a bad combo, really! In the last month or two I’ve been to Brewgrass and the New West Fest, was invited to Brewfest and the Irish Festival (although I couldn’t make it to either), and coming up is Taste of Colorado and the Great American Beer Festival Plus Telluride’s Jazz/Blues/Bluegrass festivals, Keystone’s Bluegrass and Beer, and other mountain-area festivals that I’ll save for another year. Beer + Music = Yes.
  2. Bikes. Corey likes bikes. A lot. He likes me a lot too, but it’s probably a toss-up between us, and bikes were in his life long before I was. So spending all this time with him is helping me learn a whole new vocabulary in which to speak about this activity. For example, we went to Crankworx, which is a biking competition, and we watched the slopestyle portion. I saw competitors do supermans onto the step-up and can talk about travel and pressure suits.
  3. Web Design. Our new Hope Communities website is well underway and scheduled to launch September 15th. I’ve also been working on a new website for Alaska Premier Health, which you can see at www.alaskapremierhealth.com/aphindex1.html. It’s not quite done, and it doesn’t look as good in firefox for some reason, but we’ll probably launch soon and work out bugs as we go because apparently momma’s employees are being impatient.
  4. Olympics. Duh.
  5. Eating. I pretty much am addicted to food I think. Can’t live without it, oddly enough. Last night Corey took me to the Briarwood Inn and spoiled me rotten with a sumptuous dinner capped off by a ridiculous spread of desserts that carried over into breakfast this morning. Three tiers of dipped fruit, cookies, and chocolate everything. Deeeelish. In fact, I think it’s about dessert time now…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First! Ha, I actually beat Adrienne. Hooray for being bored at work.

RiCap said...

LOL, I don't think I'm always first. I certainly don't try to be. I'm just a loyal reader and I check often. Way to go for the Gold though Russell, I think more people should have that competitive spirit. Anyway, I was going to say that I absolutely love the first picture with the kid in the water. It's a wonderful shot that catches the light and the action so well!

Sarah said...

I love you both for being so diligent. And yeah, I was pretty happy with that pic! I also uploaded a bunch more to picasaweb.google.com/sdmapes if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was busy...the new APH site looks and handles pretty well, my only suggestion at the moment would be to make the entire "button" area of your top nav bar a link and not just the text. I miss autumnal festivals...I can't even get anyone to go to a baseball game with me =\

You should make a post about, OUR FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE THAT IS DRAFTING TOMORROW (SAT. 23rd)!!