Call me crazy, but I think packing for trips is almost as fun as taking them. Okay, maybe not almost as fun, but definitely fun.
So imagine my excitement about getting to pack 3 times in the next 7 weeks! First up is Sacramento the last weekend in May. Casey got promoted to varsity on her rowing team at Western Washington University, so she’ll be rowing in NATIONALS in the Varsity 4 boat. In fact, she’s rowing bow, which is the same position mom used to row when she was a rowing superstar at University of Washington. Can you figure out which one is her? Anyway, I’ll be spending the weekend with Dad & Lindy and testing out my new camera, and we’ll all be wearing our matching shirts that my mom special ordered to help cheer on Casey.
Two weeks later I’ll be heading to Arizona to celebrate the big 2-5. We’ll hit the Salt River, drink lotsa margaritas, and play some beer die. No matching shirts, because I’m not as cool as Donnyves, but maybe I’ll get some temporary tattoos made. That’d be pretty sweet. Nathan is coming with too, ‘cause we’re travel buddies now. Hopefully I’ll return less pasty white than I am now.
THEN, it’s time for the BIG trip! My girls and I are adventuring to Alaska the first week of July, which will mean our house will have 8 women and my dad in it. Good thing he’s had 19 years to get used to being outnumbered 5-1. I’m so excited it finally all came together! And I’ll have Adrienne to teach me how to use my new camera :).
So now that you’re up-to-date on my travels, it’s back to color-coding my packing lists.
1 comment:
Your mom is definitely the one on the left. Such a cool picture. I'm soo excited for all your trips. Especially the last one!!!!
Post a Comment